Name: Ainur Elmgren
Story: My Comrade in Bed
1. Tell me a little about yourself. How long have you been active as a comic artist and what have you been up to?
I have been drawing comics as long as I can remember, but I have never been a full-time artist. My strips have been published in the student magazine Lundagård and Populär Astronomi, a popular scientific journal. My favourite work is self-published, though; Goldenbird, a historical and humorous adventure comic. A spin-off story was published in the web magazine babian.se.
2. Why did you want to participate in this project?
I'm a feminist and I enjoy sex - doing it, talking about it, studying it. When I was young, I realized that if I want stories that please me, I have to create them myself - luckily this is changing, as we can see from the other lovely stories in the Swedish Comic Sin anthologies.
3. Have you drawn any erotic comics or incorporated sex in your stories before?
My first erotic comic was published in the AltCom 2010 Sex and War anthology, and my second in Swedish Comic Sin 2, which makes this the third! I have drawn erotic stuff before, but mostly for *ahem* private use. Some sweet fans tell me that my comics are sexy even without actual sex scenes. I enjoy trying to draw longing looks and salacious smiles that speak louder than words... Such little details are much more erotic to me than plain closeups of genitalia.
4. What has been the most difficult and challenging thing about this project?
To stick to the deadline... I really appreciate our strict but fair editor, Natalia, who has done an amazing effort to keep everyone focused on the goal.
5. What has been the most fun part?
6. What are you up to now and where are you heading? Any plans?
My dream is to get a scholarship to be able to focus on comics full-time. Some of my comics are being exhibited in Sweden and France (as part of a Maus memorial exhibition) and possibly in Kemi, Finland, later this year. This makes me feel that anything is possible!